Shalom, Chavah fans.
On this day, June 7th, 1967, Israel regained the city of Jerusalem after nearly 2000 years. I blogged about it over at the Kineti blog: it’s a cause for rejoicing for Messianic believers and Christians.
Messianic music reflects the locus of Zion present in the Bible; many of our songs center on Israel and Jerusalem, just as Yeshua’s own ministry did.
With that in mind, here are select few favorites on Chavah that celebrate Jerusalem, the place where God has set his name forever:
- Barry & Batya Segal – Old City of Jerusalem
- Israel's Hope - Shalom Jerusalem
- Helen Shapiro - I Was Glad
- Kol Simcha - Im Eshkachech (If I Forget Jerusalem)
- Liberated Wailing Wall - Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim
- Barry & Batya Segal - O Jerusalem
Happy Yom Yerushalayim, fine Chavah fans.